Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tragedy!

Okay, so in the grand scheme of things, it's an inconvenience, not a tragedy, but right now it feels like just when I had a foot back in the door of civilisation, said door swung closed and my foot is a little sore.

My laptop has gone to laptop heaven [figuratively speaking, it's actually sitting on the dining table]. It was working fine, then as I sat it down so I could dash downstairs to get the pizza, the screen went all funny. I thought nothing of it. Until I sat back down and tried to reboot. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Goneski. Kaput.
I tweeted about the demise of my lifeline, and a friend did some Dr. Googling for me. Self-diagnosis? Motherboard is motherbleeped.
I could, and perhaps should, go and confirm this at a computer store, but knowing that they'd probably charge me a ridiculous amount just to look at it, I decided to spare myself the torture of signing over more money every time I saw them, and the agony of waiting for a confirmed diagnosis and bought myself a new laptop.
I should have her late next week. Oh how I will adore her. Until then, I'll just have to use dad's laptop when I can, and also my iPhone [I'll try not to go over the data limit quite so much this time]. So blog posts will have to be a sacrifice, but I will blog when I can. It's only a week. Right? I can cope. Surely.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment