Friday, September 17, 2010

Road Trip!

The wheels are in motion [not literally] for our road trip back to Brisbane. The journey of 1100km+ for PNut, myself, and a roped in co-driver [still accepting applications for this role].

To get down to dad's/grandpa's my sister and niece flew up to Brisbane, and the four of us trekked down. PNut was about 6 weeks old at the time, and slept most of the way. My niece kept us well informed of this. "She's sleeping." "Muu-uuum, she's still sleeping!" "Aunty Gemma, Penny hasn't woken up yet". 
I will not be making the return trip with a talking child [unless a certain almost 7 month old decides she'll come out with first words between now and then].

This time, we'll trek back up in dad's trusty ol' car, with myself and my co-driver amusing ourselves with car-aoke with the tunes pumping out from my iPhone [the car has no stereo, according to dad it doesn't need one]. What can I say, I like to travel in style.
I'm really looking forward to getting back to Brisbane. So much so that today, feeling in the mood for some serious driving, I had an urge to just keep driving straight through town and as far as I could get. I refrained, as I haven't yet packed. That and a few of my lovely girlfriends would've been less than impressed as we're going on a girls trip in a week and a half's time. Oh, and the small matter of not yet having accommodation sorted.

Readers, I'd like to recommend to you all that you do not try and find accommodation from 1100km+ away from where you want to live. It's not an easy task. So our plan is to stay with a friend for a couple of months until PNut and I find our home. To be honest, I'm that keen to get back to Brisbane, I've considered camping out in someone's, anyone's!, backyard. PNut probably wouldn't be overly impressed, but it's never to early to camp, right?

Two days, a lot of road, good conversation, questionable car-aoke and wholesome fast food. Sounds like fun, right? Yes? Want to be a co-driver? 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment