Friday, August 20, 2010

Stop! Gemma Time

Disclaimer: Two posts in one day will not necessarily be a common occurrence, so don't be expecting it peeps.

Now that my life revolves around the life of a rather adorable little one, my Gemma time is cherished. As soon as dad [yes, I'm living with dad again] goes to bed, I feel like I'm finally totally relaxed and I love the few hours of alone time, and control of the tv, that I get of an evening. It's my time to pig out on biccies, milo, chocolate [if I don't eat it within an hour of purchasing it] .. I'm sure you get the picture. It's cherished, undistracted time alone. Bliss.

HOWEVER ... some nights, it would be nice to have someone to unwind with. To have them ask "How are you?" or "How was your day?" and be prepared for a potentially long-winded, venting answer. To have someone to bring me a cuppa, or go to the loo for me because I'm too comfy on the couch [okay, now I'm really dreaming]. Mostly, it'd be nice to have someone to cuddle - anyone know where I can buy a human-sized teddy bear?
That said, I think I'd still crave my time alone ... 'cause sometimes it's nice to just have some Gemma time

x

No comments:

Post a Comment