Monday, February 28, 2011

Acceptance

I've battled a lot with my self-worth/self-esteem/self-confidence over the years. It's taken a lot of time and tears to get where I am today, and despite certain feelings that pop up from time to time, I am happy with where I am.
I accept who I am, the choices I have made, the path I have taken. I am proud of who I am today, despite not always being proud of the choices I have made, and despite hitting potholes along that path that at times seemed so overwhelming I wasn't sure that I would find a way out.

If I focus on the positives in my life, I can accept where I am and take strength from knowing that the I can rid myself of the negatives, it'll just take some time. Sure, I get damn sick of fighting for what I want, and at times it doesn't feel like the battle is worth the reward but I let myself cry those tears that need to be shed. I let the negative feelings out to allow more room for the positive. Sometimes that need arises more frequently, but so be it. 

I accept who I am. I accept that I am doing the best I can right now. I accept that I've fought hard to be where I am, and that in doing so, I can truly appreciate the happiness that I do have.

I think self-acceptance is important, much like self-love. If we don't accept and love ourselves, how can we let others truly do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment