Saturday, March 5, 2011

Growing Up

I'm certain my Little Miss gets more independent as each day passes. I remember how it felt like she'd grown up so much when she started holding her own bottle, and at the time, I liked being able to leave her to it but now, admittedly, I do miss the cuddles I'd get while feeding her.

She barely notices me leave when I do daycare dropoff, 'Sure mumma, whatever, I'm just going to hang out with my friends'. Then yesterday, she decided she wanted to grow up just that little more. As I held her in one arm and her backpack in the other, she grabbed for her backpack. Her carer and I laughed that perhaps she wanted to wear it, so I put it on her and the look of pride on her face was priceless! She delighted in wearing her backpack, sitting on the bench at the bus stop and then on the bus, I decided to see how she'd go sitting beside me rather than on my lap. Best idea ever! No wriggle bot on my lap, just a big girl snuggled into my side {still wearing her backpack} who actually nodded off during the trip. Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment